18 May 2018

HYENA


While DBeat based melodic crust has fallen out of favor with Flavor of the Month Punks, hoards of filthy animals and black clad scholars continue to eat the shit up like candy. And there are reasons why they do this....reasons like HYENA. A record (also released on cassette) that you can fully sink into. A legitimately emotive and powerful collection of songs from a Spanish band that seems dedicated to the purpose of sonic power. It's an impressive offering....and one that makes me yawn at the mindless 1-2-1-2 stomps seemingly regurgitated out of thin air at every turn. I guess sometimes you need it to mean something...and it means even more if it feels like it means everything to someone. That's what HYENA feels like. 

 I am tired of broken hearts // I am tired of being the worst for me // my worst enemy

No comments: